Cineverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CineverseLog in

Forum partners

Administrata Banner

descriptionAlan Rickman EmptyAlan Rickman

more_horiz
Alan Rickman, the actor who played plenty of amazing roles in his life was known by his friends as somebody who was of kind heart. One of the most memorable roles he played before he died was the role of Severus Snape, a potion master teach in Hogwartz school (Harry Potter).

Alan Rickman MV5BYjBjZjY3MmItYzhmMS00NWFkLWI4MGItODYwZmE2MGYxZTg0XkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_

I also remember him from a movie Love Actually:

Alan Rickman Alan-rickman-emma-thompson

What I find most interesting about him is that he refused to tell his loved one that he was sick and slowly dying of an illness. It made everyone shocked but he wanted to save his loved ones from worrying about him all the time and struglying to save him when there was no salvation.

Thoughts on him?

descriptionAlan Rickman EmptyRe: Alan Rickman

more_horiz
I thought he did a very good job of playing the potions master Severus Snape in the Harry Potter series. For the whole series, you don't know if he's a good guy or a bad buy until you get to the very end.

I thought it sad when he passed away.

more_horiz
JennyorAlice wrote:
I thought he did a very good job of playing the potions master Severus Snape in the Harry Potter series.  For the whole series, you don't know if he's a good guy or a bad buy until you get to the very end.  

I read books first so I almost knew but at that time the last book was not published yet. However, I did finish books before movies and I knew. 1678904814

more_horiz
Wise Owl wrote:
JennyorAlice wrote:
I thought he did a very good job of playing the potions master Severus Snape in the Harry Potter series.  For the whole series, you don't know if he's a good guy or a bad buy until you get to the very end.  

I read books first so I almost knew but at that time the last book was not published yet. However, I did finish books before movies and I knew. 1678904814

I spent the whole series going back and forth trying to decide if he was a good guy or a bad guy.

I think that character is one of the more complex characters in literature.

more_horiz
JennyorAlice wrote:
Wise Owl wrote:
JennyorAlice wrote:

I spent the whole series going back and forth trying to decide if he was a good guy or a bad guy.  

I think that character is one of the more complex characters in literature.

It really is hard to figure him out because he had in a way traumatic childhood. That's not presented in the movies but his father was garbage, a muggle. That shaped his character.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply